Thursday, May 17, 2018

PATRIOTIC FLOWER DISPLAY


I love flowers, petunias, and red, white, and blue!  I love to work in the yard in the summer and so I plant a lot of flowers.


I have several old half wine barrels that are placed around our yard.  I mix some fresh potting soil in with the existing soil each year and then plant away.


I used red petunias, dark purple (for the blue), and can you believe that no store in our town had white petunias?!  I used white alyssum instead--it smells very fragrant!  No store had brushed nickel or silver solar lights!  My son picked one up at Target when he went to Reno.


The old mine cart the barrel sits on was my dad's--he and his dad had a mine in Northern Nevada for many years. 


Thanks for stopping by and Happy Planting!


No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Blogging tips