Friday, December 2, 2016

Decor of Christmases Past 1

Hello and Merry Christmas!  It's that time of the year when most of us send out husbands into the basement, attic or garage to retrieve the holiday decorations lol.  Ours is actually in an outdoor shed which has an attic and my husband always gets the honors!  

I thought I would share with you some of my own Christmas decorations I have accumulated over the years.  At my age, I have a lot.....I am currently going through decorations and setting some aside for my kids to take.  My "chick" Staci is now living in North Carolina and I have a box of decorations to send her.  Sometimes, you just have too much "stuff".

For this post, I am sharing a wreath the my friend Sheri Renae (she of Sunshine in the Attic) made me years ago.  We have been friends since high school and remain close to this day.  Sheri is very artistic and talented--visit her blog and take a look at her quilting!

Sheri hand painted the wooden shapes on this wreath and I hang it outdoors every year--I could never part with it!



Look at the detail!


Isn't she angelic?


Santa is watching so be good!

Anyway, I thought you might like seeing some of our family's decorations from old.  We sure enjoy them every year.  I hope that you will be inspired as we share throughout the month.  Be sure to stop by Sunshine in the Attic for more of Sheri's talent!

Thanks for stopping by today!



No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Blogging tips