Friday, January 6, 2017

Nautical Dresser


We are finally completely settled in our home!  Parker has his own room after 7 months and we did a nautical theme (he was born in Hawaii after all :)) We were able to use decorations from his baby shower and gifts that people gave us for most of it.  However, we still needed a dresser.  An awesome couple from church has an old one that was just sitting in their garage and gave it to us.  It was beat up and needed some work.  I got on Pinterest and found the cutest nautical dresser!  The idea came from DecoArt and the link is: http://decoart.com/project/ombre-whale-dresser.  So if you click that, you get step by step instructions.

This is what I started with

I had a long day of sanding dresser drawers and got to this point

The next day I sanded the rest of the dresser and I forgot to take a picture of that, but that's not too important.  The day after that I started the painting.  I did 2 coats on each drawer and I did 4 on the dresser.  I also had to match the paint colors as close as I could do what DecoArt had because where I went didn't have the same brand of paint - it still turned out great though!  I also did more of a sponging technique for the whale and the water coming out of his spout rather than painting it in.

The final result

It was my first time refurbishing anything and I had a blast doing it!  Well, sanding wasn't my favorite part but lucky for me my husband was willing to help me with that.  Thanks for checking it out and if you have any questions let us know in the comments!




1 comment:

  1. Dress means to modify a land-based engine for use in a marine vessel, where such modification would not. Dresser means any entity that dresses an engine.Thank you for such an amazing information.


    Send Valentines Day Gifts to INDIA Online | Birthday Gifts to India |Online Cake to India | Send Sweets to India

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips