Sunday, August 16, 2015

Tin Can Re-Do

Tin cans.  We all have them in our kitchens.  Some are recycled, some end up in the landfill.  Sometimes they can be upcycled to a new purpose.  Just the other day, after opening a 29 ounce can of peaches, instead of putting the can in our recycle bin, I cut the top off all the way, made sure there were no sharp edges (I am a nurse but prefer not to be my own patient) and set it aside.






There, a photo of a tin can.  You see, I am in the process of decorating my craft room in a beach theme.  I am originally from Florida, my daughter Staci lives in Hawaii (oh darn it) so beach theme suits me.  Our nearest beach these days is Lake Tahoe, about a three hour drive.

A little Krylon spray paint in Sunrise to the rescue!  The spray paint has a primer mixed right in and works on wood, plastic, and metal.  Not bad for $3.68 at my local hardware store.



Here is the tin can after two coats of spray paint, burlap tape (who knew), a one inch cutting of coral-colored burlap and a few starfish strategically hot glued in place.



I decided for now I would place my Sharpies and gel pens in there, where they will be in reach once I get everything organized.






My craft scissors fit perfectly!




I think it will work nicely, except I have more pens than a tin can can hold.  Open another can of peaches, somebody!

1 comment:

  1. I love this ideas. It's perfect for my scrapbook scissors. Thanks for sharing on Sunday's Best.

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips