Thursday, June 12, 2014

GOOD EATS!

SUMMER LOVIN' BBQ SAUCE

I found a recipe similar to this years ago in a magazine ad--can't even recall which one it was now.  My boys were young at the time so I remember it had chili powder in the recipe and I didn't feel that was a good option for my young kids.  So, I removed the chili powder and played with the recipe a bit.

This sauce has been a family favorite ever since!  If I even dare to use bottled barbecue sauce, believe me, I hear about it from someone during dinner.  It tastes great on pork ribs (above), chicken, even meatballs or Little Smokies.  Just as I did, feel free to "play" with the recipe to suit your family's culinary tastes--make it spicier, sweeter, etc.  **I don't measure my ingredients--just add some of this and that.  I do have certain ratios that look correct to me so I will do my best to follow that in the recipe.  And remember, taste as you go and make it your own!

1 cup mayonnaise
1 cup catsup (or ketchup--whatever tickles your fancy)
1/2 cup yellow mustard
1/8 to 1/4 cup Worcestershire sauce
1/2 cup brown sugar

Mix all ingredients until combined.  Taste--want it a little sweeter?  Add more brown sugar.
A little more tart? Less sugar or more catsup.  If you want to spice it up, add a dash of hot sauce or a pinch of chili powder.  Place over meat last 5 minutes of cooking time.  

As I said earlier, taste the sauce and add ingredients to please yourself and your family!




No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Blogging tips